Thursday, September 25, 2008

IMG_4198

IMG_4146

IMG_4193

IMG_4183

IMG_4177

IMG_4168

IMG_4166

IMG_4162

IMG_4156

IMG_4152

IMG_4148

The summer before I was going to be in fourth grade I, at 9 years old, made the decision that I wanted to get all of my hair chopped off. I guess even at that age I thought it would made getting up so early in the morning a tad bit easier as it would be one thing less to do. So, my reluctant mother agreed & took me to get the then "fashionable" bowl cut. I believe she took my two younger brothes too. The three of us came home with the same hair cut & I couldn't have been happier. Until the first day of school came around, that is. When I hung my bookbag up on a peg on the "girls" side & someone behind me said "Why is that boy hanging his bookbag on the girls side?" As crazy as it may seem now, I was very shy. I remember standing there frozen, when I heard "That's not a boy stupid." I turned around to find a strawberry blonde girl (who I later found out was as shy as me if not more) who invited me to share a desk with her. She told me her name was Kasie. We shared a desk through 4th grade & were inseperable after that. We went from swapping boyfriends, having sleepovers, getting our drivers licenses & writing "BFF" & "Future Mrs. Whoever" on our school notebooks to college, careers, marriage & now children. Almost 15 years to the date we met, she has this beautiful little boy named Brycen who I just could not help but photograph. It seems crazy to me that so much time has passed. I can't wait to see where we are another 15 from now.

Kasie, Brad & Brycen - thank you for letting me come & capture some special moments between your family. Brycen is precious & I look forward to taking many more photos in the years to come.

1 comments:

Lisette Price Photography said...

Such a cute kid! And I love the story about your haircut. A bad haircut leads to a best friend...what could be better? :)

 

Aaron Hale Photography | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates